Wednesday, December 30, 2009
I designed this bunny aaaaaaaaaaaages ago, as a painting project rather than a doll-making one. I unearthed it yesterday whilst getting my creative papers in order, and decided to make another one. Naturally, this bunny has been claimed by Princess #2, so if I want one to sell or keep I will have to make another one LOL.
The pattern is really, really easy. It's so easy that my 11yo princess is going to make one herself this week. And if you're not into painting, there are so many other ways to decorate your bunny. Fabric markers, iron on transfers, embroidery, or just gorgeous patterned fabric! Please do check it out on Etsy by clicking here.
Monday, December 7, 2009
... only with blistering heat that we've come to expect in Australia *sigh*. I've had my Christmas cd's on, getting in the mood. Our tree is up (and kitty is paying very little attention, surprisingly) and lights are on each night.
Now, don't hate me people, but I finished 99% of my Christmas shopping, and have wrapped all the gifts. I even made time today to create custom photo gift tags. Helps the kids who can't read yet be little santa's helpers on Christmas day because they can just look at the photos. I also created custom calendars for two of my besties (you know who you are), which I do every year. Loving my 2010 creations!
I am also flat out in my official role as Santa's Helper at my local Domayne store, taking photos of all the girls and boys (and mums and dads of screaming toddlers) on weekends.
Today I had a visit from the nice parcel lady ... a box of yet-to-be-released scrapbooking products to play with *YAAAAAAY*. It's all happening here folks! Now to luxuriate in the airconditioned comfort of the lounge room whilst sipping tea and gazing lovingly at my new scrapbooking products *hee hee*.
Are you having a nice relaxing lead-up to Christmas? Even if you're busy, it can still be relaxed :)
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Anyone who knows me well will always ask me what exciting project I have on the go at the moment. This is because I always have something interesting to do ... I really love my job(s)! LOL 2009 has brought me some amazing projects including:
* An Australia-wide tour of Spotlight stores, promoting Martha Stewart's papercraft range.
* Scrapbooking projects for Handmade magazine
* Painting project to be published in 2010 in Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine.
* Entering my first competition piece, on display at Darling Harbour Quilt & Craft show (and currently featuring in Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine).
* Designing original crochet patterns for a book by Milford Threads.
* Creating projects for in-store project sheets for various Brandcorp products (like the photo).
* Designing sewing patterns for Australian Girl Dolls.
* Running the school Bookclub.
* Keeping 3 shops open on Etsy.
* Santa's official photographer at West Gosford Domayne.
* .... and soooooooooooo much more.
The problem is that I am running out of steam. So now it is time for me to take a step back, look at what I have done, and decide what I want to do. In order to free up a little time I have put my photography store on Etsy into vacation mode until the new year.
I'm really looking forward to taking my creativity in new directions in 2010 as well as meeting some personal goals :)