Sunday, July 27, 2008

Super Sweet Dolls

A couple of months ago I made my girls a doll each, from a pattern I bought on Etsy. They're constant companions, and we get compliments on them everywhere we go.

Check it out ... Bit of Whimsy Dolls!


Bit of Whimsy dolls are the brainchild of Sarah Faix of www.bitofwhimsyprims.etsy.com and just shout 'buy me' every time I visit her shop. She has a real knack of achieving a beautiful shabby chic look with her dolls that simply eludes me when I'm choosing fabric. And not only does Sarah sell her little creations ... you can buy the patterns as well! This is where I went a bit nuts, and I have a few of them now (and no time to sew them, of course). I follow Bit of Whimsy Dolls on Twitter as well, which lets me in on secret sales and special offers. Pirate monkeys, sleepy peanuts, sweet mae girls, cats, guinea pigs, lambs, squid ... something for girls and boys and safe for little ones. If you're a beginner sewer, get one of these patterns ... they have the most user-friendly instructions I have ever used (and I've been sewing for 27 years!) and will yield excellent results. Incredible customer service goes hand in hand with a top product. I return often to Bit Of Whimsy Dolls :)

No comments: