Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quilt & Craft Show, Sydney


Yesterday I attended the Quilt & Craft show in Sydney, and it was an awesome day! I demonstrated at the FDAA stand, and met some great people. My favourite part of the day was taking Linda Locke's image transfer class. I learned some awesome stuff, and I now have the knowledge to make fabric crowns for my Princess Pointy Shoes dolls!!

I did record sales, including 3 painted dolls and most of my teddy bear items. The photo above is my best seller, and I'm considering submitting it to Fine Art & Decorative Painting magazine as a project ... maybe LOL.

The Trash 2 Treasure competition was amazing, and I spent ages looking at all the entries. The winner of the People's Choice awards was Sue Raconello, who painted a pair of old boots with sheep on the right foot and sheepdogs on the left. They were incredible! No prizes for me, but lots of valuable experience in entering a competition that's for sure.

It was a long day, but I'm really glad I went, and can't wait for next year.

No comments: