Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Project 365


I've mentioned on Twitter and Facebook and a few people in real life, that I am taking on Project 365 for 2010. My mother doesn't see the point, and hubby is still rolling his eyes at me ... but I am persisting ... and here is why ...
1. I want my album to be really interesting, so I feel motivated to achieve something cool every day.
2. I am planning a very, very full-on year in 2010 for my health, my home and my career. I want to record them so I can look back on my success.
3. I want my girls to know that when you set your mind to something, you most certainly can succeed, especially where dreams coming true are concerned. This will be a permanent record of that.

I looked at every P365 layout I could find on 2peas, and that was when reality really hit home. If I tried to do this with my copious collection of papers & embellishments, it simply wouldn't get done. Unless it's work, I baulk at the scrapbooking table. It's been over 6 months since I created a layout for my album. Tragic. I am more a digital girl now.

So here's my approach:
1. One week to a page keeps it compact.
2. Use one gorgeous digital kit so that the whole thing is nice and uniform.
3. I created templates for my daily journalling & photo so all I have to do is drop in the pic and type a little at night. They can then sit on the thumb drive until I happen to be printing photos.
4. Every file has the date on it, so when I get them back from the printer I just have to trim them and stick them on the right page.
5. I spent an entire day creating my week titles and templates. I printed them all today and stuck them down on the cardstock.
6. See previous post about why you should approach post-bound albums with caution.

Credit where credit is due:
Colourful kit: One Perfect Day by ShellyRae
Lined paper: Homework Fun by Mushy
Fonts: Freeze! and Pea Jennifer
Adobe Photoshop ... what can't it do?

My pieces are 5.25" x 2.5" and I can fit 8 on a single 12"x12" page.

Feel free to ask me any questions :)

No comments: