Friday, January 29, 2010

Multi-tasking


2010 is going to be a really big year for me. Now that the kids are back at school I am determined to declutter the house. We're having a car boot sale (but indoors) at our Guide hall in March, and I want to get rid of lots of stuff that I've been hoarding for years!

So ... it's time to follow those Flylady routines and get stuck in. I cleaned out my kitchen drawers ... it was actually easy! Yay for me! I gave away almost everything on Freecycle, which made hubby very happy LOL.

Not only am I working on my home, but also on myself. I have 35kg/77lb to lose, and it's going to be a hard slog ... but I'll stick to it this year (the doctor said scary things).

I am also working hard on design work for Brandcorp and Australian Girl Dolls. I'm designing sewing patterns for AGD, designing crochet patterns for Milford Threads, making easy projects for Francheville's scrapbooking range (and Craft Affair), painting planes & trucks for the Easy Peasy brand, and lots of other fun stuff.

And let's not forget my exciting return to teaching! I am running a series of Guilt-free Scrapbooking classes at Erina Scrapbook Store on the NSW Central Coast.

Lastly, my charity work for this year is split between the local Girl Guides as I continue as Treasurer, and Southern Cross Kids Camps (check them out by clicking here), making 6x6 layouts for the kids and helping spread the word and encourage other scrapbookers to help too.

Yeah ...it's going to be a really exciting year :D

3 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Congratulations on the cleaning out the clutter...I did that a few months ago..it's so freeing somehow..Your life does sound full and very busy..Remember to take some time for yourself also...You do deserve a breather once in awhile...

Have a great Weekend....

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Good Evening, If you will stop by my Blog I have an Award for you...

Jilly's Place said...

Gosh Dawn, I take my hat off to you...how do you fit it all in. I just love those dolls you paint :)