Saturday, January 2, 2010
Post-bound albums, oh how I loathe them!
I set up my Project 365 album today. I figured I would use one of the dozen empty post bound albums I own. Here's a synopsis of my afternoon.
"OK, I've cut up all the week titles, and the first page is almost finished. I'm awesome! I'll just get down one of those albums off the top of the bookshelf. I wonder why I have so many? Hmmm ... 20 pages, I guess I need to put in another 6. Isn't it nice that they put in those post extender thingies."
... and that's where it pretty much fell apart. The posts wouldn't go together, and then when I realised that I'd forgotten to put the spine binding thing in, and had to take it all apart I couldn't get the screw tops off the posts! Hubby helped for about 2 minutes then declared "I didn't sign up for this" and left.
*INSERT BAD WORDS HERE*
Eventually I got everything in place. "Yes!" I said with great triumph, followed by "Crap". There were only 10 pages in the album, not 20. I undid it and started again. I left the spine out again. I undid it and started again. "Yes!" I said ... and started putting the pages in the sleeves. You guessed it ... I was one short *insert more bad words here*. I undid the bugger again, did it back up, trying my best to keep as calm as possible whilst hubby roared with laughter at me from the lounge room.
It is finished.
It is done.
I am going to sell off all my empty post bound albums at the next garage sale, because I never EVER want to go through that again.