Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It made my day!

It was election day on Saturday, and I worked at one of the local polling booths. I love working on election day ... the people ... the occassion ... the papers!!!!!!!!!

During the day I saw a lot of young voters come in, but what really made my day was seeing a mother photographing her teenage son casting his first ever vote. She must have been a scrapbooker :D

As the evening progressed I was opening the huge senate papers, and when we were about 1,000 into the bunch I pulled one open and found this ....


I laughed out loud and it REALLY made my evening :D Sure, it's an informal vote, but his intention was clear LOL. Note for non-Australian residents ... this was our prime minister until recently when his deputy prime minister staged a coup and kicked him out.

No comments: